Pratt and Wentworth Skillet

EricC

Hi guys, I know I haven't been around in a while, I cut down on my forum/computer time. But I still consider this place the best resource on vintage cast iron cookware out there and I refer people to it all the time, particularly the info on the main site.

Somebody came to me with a question I was hoping to get your feedback on. He has an old skillet that he's planning to give to a friend. From this site, we've ID'd it as from Pratt and Wentworth, Boston MA, late 1800s bottom gated.

I know we don't give valuations here and things are worth what people pay for them. He just wants to make sure he's not giving away some invaluable heirloom collectible. What say you? In the general market, would this tend to go for a little or a lot?

Thanks for the feedback.

BM8S2cv.jpg

MhdpJ4C.jpg

Single pour spout, gate marked, identifiable, 1800's.... I would say that there is value there. He may never find another like it, without selling the house, car and wife lol

Single pour spout, gate marked, identifiable, 1800's.... I would say that there is value there. He may never find another like it, without selling the house, car and wife lol

yeah, if you look at ebay sold prices and even prices on some of the facebook groups... it has a lot going for it... single spout, gate marked and marked on the bottom and in good condition... probably 150+ given others I've seen sell lately.

Thanks guys. He and his wife have decided to hang on to it. Appreciate the help.

If anybody else has anything to say about this piece, we'd be glad to hear it. Or at least I would be; I bet he would, too...

Back