Cast Iron Collector Forums  
Google

Go Back   Cast Iron Collector Forums > General Discussion > Show & Tell

Notices

Show & Tell Share Your Cast Iron Cookware Finds and Restorations

Old 01-15-2019, 09:15 AM

Default Iron Mountain #4 & Tiny Cornstick Pan

Visited a town near us last week and found these two pieces at a store we visit from time to time. The owner had these pieces priced at well below the going prices normally listed on eBay and or other sites. The #4 had a price of $39 and the #23-S, Tiny Corn Stick Pan was priced at $25. I ended up getting a #8 WW Chicken Fryer fully marked plus these two pieces for $60 total. IMO a good deal since the #4 goes for around $200 and the chicken fryer for about $30. The tiny corn stick pan has me guessing as to the maker. Thought it might have been a Griswold but that has not panned out and the one reference book that I have shows the picture but says the maker is unknown. It's cute and will probably find a place on the display rack for now.

https://imgur.com/a/PI2jjju
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2019, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Iron Mountain #4 & Tiny Cornstick Pan

Great find! I've been looking for anything Iron Mountain in stores here in Georgia. I've found nothing. Ebay is too expensive usually.

I also have the Tiny Corn Stick Pan. It appears to be an unknown maker, but I very nice pan.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:16 PM

a 4 of almost anything is a good find... I noticed an iron mountain 4 on ebay a while back... looks like it ended at $264... !!!!
someone posted a favorite piqua 4 on an ebay group yesterday... it quickly went to about $225... not sure it has sold yet...
I'm pretty sure I've seen the 'tiny' bread stick pan in the wild before... and thought it looked 'griswold-ish' before seeing the markings.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:00 PM

The long and short of this purchase was weird to say the least. I had stopped earlier that morning and saw it on a shelf outside the store and didn't buy it. When I got home I told Bonnie about it and thought she already had one so I passed on it. After telling her the asking price I did a turn about and beat feet back to the store. Luckily it was still there so to justify my return I bought the Tiny Corn Stick Pan along with a #8 WW chicken fryer for a total of $60.
As it turned out I got a tip on an Auction close by and we went Saturday and picked up some really nice pieces (about 60 total) and were given a tour of the collectors private collection. He has a #13 Griswold that I would love to have and he said he would let us know if he decided to let it go.