Yesterday and today

Yesterday I stopped at an enormous antique mall on the other side of the state because of a tip about a Wapak #8 being there. I bought it although it's probably all it's worth (early logo) but it's completely flat and I'd given away a #8 user so I could use another. And it's looks like a very good skillet. Also picked up a #3 I don't know what yet although the underside of the handle really looks like a #8 WWSO heat ring I have, but with size on the bottom, not pattern number.

Today, after seeing all cast iron priced as gold at a large outdoor flea market, I found a Wagner Ware Drip Drop Roaster lid #7 lid #1267. Then when I stopped at a farm store to pick up a flat of eggs, I found in their antique room a Griswold #18 Popover pan variation 7. After seeing poor condition Small Black logo #3's for $35 and the moon for other common pieces like Made in USA Lodge #8 Dutch Ovens, it was a pleasant surprise to find both of these for very reasonable prices and in great shape.
http://stormforge.net/gallery/index.php/April-5-6-2014

Make sure to post pictures of the Wapak after it's cleaned up!

I had a similar day yesterday at the flea market with the ridiculously overpriced iron. Funny though, the only piece I picked up was a #3 small block logo for $5, in what appears to be fantastic condition under a thick layer of crud.

Back