Skillet ID help

ArthurB

i found on the side of the road a skillit with a number 9 on it. below that are the letters N & G at the bottom is the letter H there is a name on the handle on he edge that i cannot read. any ideas?

If you have any way of posting a photo, that would be helpful. The entire bottom, including the handle, and any other distinctive marks.

If you do not have a photo hosting account to link to like photobucket, flickr, or Picasa, you can attach an image from your computer to a post by using the Upload Attachment tab below the post composition window. There are system limitations to dimensions and filesize. JPGs are best.

i dont have a link to those and i dont know how to change oicture from a jpeg to something smaller. if you had a email address i could send them there. art

Although small, I can tell from the bottom that it's a Lodge, probably from the 1950s. The NG stands for New (Style) Griddle. I don't think what you're seeing as writing on the handle is that, but the photo is too small to tell. Lodge didn't put their name on anything for several decades, from after the 1930s to the 1990s.

doug what do you think it is worth, i will put on ebay to sell. im a picker not a collector. thanks for your help and i will be back in touch if i find anything else. art

eBay completed listings show not a whole lot of interest in these. If it is clean, and not warped, pitted, or cracked, I would say $15 as a starting price would not be unreasonable.

Back