Long shot

W. Hilditch

My almost 4" hammered CI skillet is proportioned normally. It appears to be of good quality with fine random hammering even on both sides of the 1/4" thick unbraced handle and the outside sides of the skillet. The machining is fine also, but the cooking surface is not machined. On the bottom at 12:00 we have a wide V with a 0 (shaped like this one) under it that is a 1/4" tall. At 6:00 there is a 1/4" tall l mark. Just a straight line.

It has a high pitched ring to it like a crystal wine glass when the rim is tapped with a spoon. Well, not exactly the same.

It seems like I've seen the wide V before, but I can't remember where. No other marks. Any idea who may have made this?

Thanks,
Hilditch

My Mother had a couple just like that, she had a 4" and a 3". They were both rusty, so I cleaned them up and seasoned just to keep the rust at bay. They're now hanging in her kitchen as decoration.

I'm going to say China. Although, I've been wrong before.

The small "toy" sized pieces I've seen are most of the time of the same quality & finish as the regular sized pieces. Unless, China..

The little ones are Lodge. I have the 00, the 0, the 1s and the 1. All are hammered. I have read that there is a 2 but have never seen one.

I'm going to say China. Although, I've been wrong before.

The small "toy" sized pieces I've seen are most of the time of the same quality & finish as the regular sized pieces. Unless, China..

I can't agree more. I saw the finish on the handle and thought Taiwan.

Back