this weeks finds

JMoss

I went to a garage sale this week. I asked the guy if he had any cast iron cookware and he said only the stuff he uses. I started to leave and he said 'my wife hates the stuff. It's getting too heavy for her'. I asked if I could see it and ended up buying what I think are two BSR users with excellent cooking surfaces, $15. Saturday I went to a big local flea market, about 50 acres and over a thousand vendors (or so they claim). I got a nice Wagner Krusty Korn Cob pan and a #3 BSR (I think) skillet both for $10.

Your comments on the identification would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jack

https://plus.google.com/photos/11839214 ... MDKhv-S7AE

Looks like you're on your way to a BSR skillet set. The size number only ones are Red Mountain. The Century you've identified-- I can't make out any "Made In USA", so it's an earlier one. Patina might look good now, but you don't know where they've been, so starting over is a must.

Thanks Doug. I wasn't sure the #3 was BSR. The ridge on the bottom of the handle is not as sharp as those on the larger skillets

Now that you mention it, there is something a little "off" about it. The walls are thick and the pour spouts are smaller than one would expect on a Red Mountain.

Just looked at my bsr red mountain # 3.It does not have as sharp a ridge on the handle as my # 3 century or a red mountain 5.Also has the small pour spouts.Good buy on that junior krusty korn cob pan.

Back