No.3 Lids

Dick Johnson

I have three no.3 skillets and need to know who made lids for a no.3? Is there any chance of finding one of these to share with the three skillets?:?:

Are you looking for a lid or lids that will match the manufacturer of your pans, or just something that will fit? Griswold, for example, made #3 lids, but they are hard to find and notoriously expensive on the collectibles market. Other makers did make lids in that size, but not all #3s are the same size, so a lid may fit one brand and not another.

One is a Lodge and the other two are not marked. Any brand no.3 lid will fit well enough for camp cooking. Any idea where to find one?

I would try a flea market or thrift. There is a reasonably good chance of finding an orphaned import lid that may fit, or even an actual Lodge. You may have to settle for something without pour spout ears, though. Also keep an eye out for a small Pyrex glass lid that might work.

OK, I made a decision. I found a Griswold No.3 lid on ebay for $400.00!!! At that price I can buy 40 used No.3 skillets locally, and use 20 of them upside down as lids. Tried this and it works fine. Sometimes simple is the answer!

Check ebay or thrift stores for old c.1920s tin covers. It's now far past that date for a cheap and almost disposable item but they work great for use on iron skillets. light, old, do not rust. Most are rather flat with a small D shaped ring for a handle. A perfect fit isn't needed.

Check ebay or thrift stores for old c.1920s tin covers. It's now far past that date for a cheap and almost disposable item but they work great for use on iron skillets. light, old, do not rust. Most are rather flat with a small D shaped ring for a handle. A perfect fit isn't needed.

This is what I do, I also have a bunch of lids from a SS cookware set I have and they work great also.

Back