Lodge Reproductions?

T. McLeish

Has anyone heard of Lodge skillets being reproduced? I just purchased a Lodge #8, pre 1960 with a raised 2 above the 8. I've been told the handle dosen't look quite right but to me it does. The tear drop is a little narrower than my new Lodge though. Did companies fake U.S. pans? If they did would they go as far as adding the shift number 2, etc? I'd sure hate to think it's not the real deal... Many thanks! Sorry, I can't seem to attach photos.

One thread to address your question is sufficient. No need to ask the same thing in multiple threads. As noted above, Lodge handle styles were all over the place, and the re-use of old patterns with new markings (or no markings) was not unusual. And, upon the advent of automated molding lines, all new patterns were required.

All of those are pre 1960 lodge caracteristics,they made all kind different handles,tear drop sizes and shapes,I'm 99% sure is a lodge,hard to be 100% without a pic,
http://www.castironcollector.com/unmarked.php Check here you can compare your skillet

Thanks Edgar! Yeah, I'm not up on the photo posting technology here. I could email you two good photos but I understand if that's a bother. I think it's a Lodge too and wouldn't think an Asian copy would reproduce a shift number on the pan. Thanks again! Terry

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

One thread to address your question is sufficient. No need to ask the same thing in multiple threads. As noted above, Lodge handle styles were all over the place, and the re-use of old patterns with new markings (or no markings) was not unusual. And, upon the advent of automated molding lines, all new patterns were required.

Sorry and thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
And please don't put your email address or other personal contact info in a public post.

Back