Lodge Smucker's Griddle

Ben W

I'm looking for any info on this Lodge Smucker's griddle. I've tried looking for info and have only found one example with a limited description. I'm guessing it is an anniversary edition made for Smucker's. Do the special edition items like this have any collector value? I have no intention of selling because it was a gift from my mother, I was just hoping to learn a little more about it.

Thanks, Ben.

Attachments

• IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 45
Lodge has made a number of such specialty pans over the years, both of their own design and commissioned by others. They do enjoy collectible status (especially those that comprise a multiple variation series), but I wouldn't say in quite the same way as does vintage standard production cast iron cookware. The usual best way to judge current values is to look to eBay sold listings, although that depends on a reasonable sampling of the item in question having sold in the past year or so. I don't currently see any examples of this one. We can tell more about the ones of Lodge's own design by their inclusion in company published materials, not usually the case with commissioned items.

also... don't expect any info from Lodge.

I knew about the perch pan and the cactus pan and the snowman pan and then stumbled across a christmas pan with santa and a present and a tree.etc.. and thought... hmmm I wonder what other 'odd' pans like this lodge has ever made... so I sent them an email at their 'contact us' address and after about 3 weeks I got a response that said something to the effect of... we don't know, we didn't keep track of that sort of thing because we didn't think anyone would ever want to know... you would think someone somewhere within lodge has a spreadsheet that lists all the special codes they've used like the 5PP2 etc... but if they do they aren't sharing that info... so for the really custom stuff that they made for someone else... there is probably zero information available.

Thanks for the replies. I imagined that there wouldn't be a lot of info, especially because it didn't have the Lodge name cast in it( the only way i knew it was a Lodge is because it still had the tag on it). No big deal though, it still makes a great BLT:biggrin:

Back