The hair in the seasoning

MEValery

No matter how hard I try, I always end up with a strand of hair embedded in the seasoning. I live with 4 large dogs and 2 cats, plus I shed also.

Since I do not need to add fiber to my diet because of the amount of hair I unknowingly eat and these skillets are for my own use, I usually just leave it instead of stripping and starting over again.

Does anyone also have this problem?

Thanks.

Surprised someone hasn't taken a shot at this one. Got to say that it is definitely a first.
To answer your initial question the answer is "No". I will say that it appears the cats may be the culprit here in this case. They like elevated places and the kitchen counter is both high and a good place to find a snack.
Might try wiping down everything good in the area you are using for seasoning of your cast iron just prior to beginning. May also use a vinegar solution on your wiping rag to discourage them from being in that area.
As for yourself...keep your hair pulled back and somewhat moist or use some hair jell before you start.
Got nothing else here.........

Short answer is no.

I have 2 dogs and a cat. One of the dogs and the cat shed a rug seemingly every day. I always keep a CI skillet on the stove and sometimes find a cat hair on it or in it. I just wipe it out before using it. No imbedded hairs, human or pet, in any seasoning here.

No here, as well, with 1 dog.

You could try doing your seasoning on the grill. Mine is gas, and has a thermometer in the lid, so it makes the perfect place to season this time of year, so I don't heat up the house. May help with your situation?

Steve

I know its not the cats jumping up, they are too old now to make it that high.
I will try and do a better job cleaning before hand. My lab seems to be the real hair distributor. She is a constantly shedding and it floats in the air.
I once got so fed up with the pet hair tumbleweeds in the house that I opened all the windows, took out the screens, and went around with an electric leaf blower. It was like a fur tornado in every room.

A guy I know opened the back door and cleaned his kitchen floor the same way, with his blower.

When I designed this house to be in the woods 18 years ago I decided to put in a lot of white carpet in it to discourage pet ownership. It worked, with just a few tinges of wishing we had a dog now and then. I do get over those tinges every time it rains.

Hilditch

No , I don't have that problem since my cats aren't allowed on the counter/stove. We have one of those "machine gun" squirt gun Water Guns this one you hold the trigger an it squirt non stop. They don't bother getting up there or the table either

Back