Lodge Skillet Cover

Kyle S.

Can anyone help me date this lodge skillet cover? I have a 3 notch #8 skillet and it does not fit that great over it. It covers but there is a lot of wiggle room. Any help dating would be appreciated.
Kyle

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 59
I'd say it's made for newer Lodge cast iron. My almost brand new Lodge L8IC3 lid has an outer diameter of 10-1/2 inches. The diameter of the lip is 9-7/8 inches. It fits loosely on my 3-notch, but fits my 2016 Lodge Smoky Mountain disaster relief skillet perfectly.

Hi Ty,
Thanks for the input. I thought the same thing but the writing on the 10 1/2 is pretty primitive looking to me. I have newer lodge pieces and they are pretty crisp. I will try to get ahold of a newer #8 to try it on though.

Any other thoughts on this skillet cover? It didn't even fit on a newer 10" lodge I have. Any help is appreciated. I would like to find the skillet it was cast for.
Kyle

Haven't tried to find when these were made by Lodge, but, I just bought one for $14 to use as a lid for my camp kitchen Wagner 1268 DO. It doesn't fit perfectly, but, well enough to function. I'm very happy with it. Just have to make a lid lifter for it.

Back