Griswold Goodwill find!

JAMueller

Is this as good of a find as I think it is? Got this at Goodwill for $8. I knew not all Griswold is as highly sought after as others, and that there are different logos to keep an eye out for. This one seemed pretty old though. Could use some help with date of manufacture.

9660cb47779f2e475daad7f187512426.jpg

7ceb25a2ce5fb2897f69f4ef8ba233cc.jpg

Thanks for any help y'all!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is the smallest of the Griswold "Skillet Griddles" and is from circa 1920.

"The PanHandler" has one just like it on his site for $325.00.

I think his stuff is mostly over-priced, but for $8.00 you hit a home run for sure.

Wow! I'll for sure be hanging on to this for a long time to come. It's amazing this skillet is almost a hundred years old.

Thanks RLMuse for the info

This is the smallest of the Griswold "Skillet Griddles" and is from circa 1920.

"The PanHandler" has one just like it on his site for $325.00.

I think his stuff is mostly over-priced, but for $8.00 you hit a home run for sure.
FYI: The PanHandler is a woman. Mary is her name. She is a friend of a friend that also collects CI, which is how I know.

Very cool! That's a pretty big gap, but either way it's staying in my collection! Thanks for the feedback

I wonder if the difference might be one was at auction and the other being a "store." The Panhandler can wait for the right buyer for her items and therefore charge more.

Very cool! That's a pretty big gap, but either way it's staying in my collection! Thanks for the feedback

I wonder if the difference might be one was at auction and the other being a "store." The Panhandler can wait for the right buyer for her items and therefore charge more.

True. She can wait for the person who needs that one piece to finish off a collection and is willing to pay her asking price. She obviously sells enough stuff to keep her going.

I prefer the hunt and the thrill of finding something nice for next to nothing.

I also prefer the hunt and feeling of a great buy. That's the only way I could have it!

Back