Skillet ID - M-F

RonC

I was hoping someone here would be able to help me ID this 9" skillet. It's still caked in a lot of gunk, looks like it was used on a BBQ over the years and I don't yet know if there is a size marking on the handle root.

Soaking in lye right now, so eventually could give better pics. It was found in Canada (Ontario), if that helps. Feels ols, like early lodge or Griswold in terms of mass and wall thickness. Heat ring present.

Any ideas?

F7Yejjw.jpg

Qd1wdeo.jpg

ePywYN8.jpg

17Cl31H.jpg

lHrgF2k.jpg

So it's out of the lye bath and I managed to scrape off a crusty that was obscuring the pan's size marker at the root of the handle. (now sitting in the E-tank)

Not sure if this helps ID the pan or not (?)

Cf6xIgB.jpg

Given it was in Canada, I'm wondering if it's maybe a Machinery & Foundries, Limited skillet made in Brockville, Ontario (?)

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Doing a little research, all the foundries operating in Canada in 1934 are listed in this old government publication:

http://publications.gc.ca/collections/collection_2016/statcan/41-210/CS41-210-1934-eng.pdf

So some candidates, assuming it's a Canadian piece from Ontario, are:

McCrae, John, Machine and Foundry Co.(F) 81 William St. N., Lindsay
Marshall Foundry (F) 918 Assumption St., Windsor
Milton Foundry Machine and Tool Co. Milton
Moffats Ltd.. (F) Dennison Rd., Weston
Morash Foundry Co, (F) Morrisburg
Muskoka Foundry Ltd. (F) Shier St., Bracebridge

Sadly, google turns up no cookware examples from these makers with photos of markings.

Back