#8 Slant Logo

Kyle S.

Hey Everyone,
I just had to show you guys this skillet. This is the first Griswold I have come across in my city that wasn't 80 bucks and it is also the best condition. I saw it and walked across the store. The tag read "big iron skillet" so I assumed it wasn't marked. I flipped it over and it was a slant logo! I expected it to be $120 or so, so I cringed when I flipped the tag over. $18 bucks!!!!!! I am not writing this to make you jealous, but to say that there are still some good finds out there! Happy hunting this weekend!!!
Kyle

Attachments

• IMG_0799.jpg
    IMG_0799.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 79
I had the same thrill last week with this Scotch bowl. Covered in gunk when I bought it but it sure cleaned up nicely. $14.

Attachments

• bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 53
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 39
No cracks and definitely not warped. It has the slightest movement when on a flat surface which one piece of printer paper takes care of. I don't call that a wobble, when I pour oil in it it sits in the middle on my stove top. Definitely the nicest pan I have picked up. Do you have any more info on it Doug? I know these were produced around 1910 but other than that I have nothing. I do not own any catalogues. Thanks for your time and expertise.
Kyle

Wow!! Great finds, gentlemen! I haven't found a scotch bowl yet that: 1. Wasn't really pitted in the bottom, and 2. Wasn't way more than I wanted to spend.

I can't help but mention again the #10 LBL with heat ring I got for $12.

Sorry. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Back