• If a web search for the answer to your cast iron cookware question has brought you directly to this forum, the information you seek may be covered in one of the many reference topics featured on the main website.

Quick Links: · Main Website · How to Identify Unmarked Pans · All About Cleaning & Seasoning · Reproductions & Counterfeits · Commonly-Used Terms

• Threads in this Recipe File forum should begin with an actual, typed (by you) recipe including ingredients, quantities, and detailed instructions.
    If a recipe copied from another source, credit should be given to that source. Readers may feel free to reply with comments or ask questions about the recipe in the thread. If viewing a recipe makes you think of one you wish to share, please start a new thread with it. Requests for recipes or for cooking help, and postings about other cooking subjects should be made in the Cooking In Cast Iron forum.

Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie / Pizookie

RustyP

My girlfriend wanted chocolate chip cookies... so I made one big one!

CameraZOOM-20150302044005195.jpg

CameraZOOM-20150302044923769.jpg

So good, we had seconds!
CameraZOOM-20150302044039977.jpg

This was my first time cooking sweets in a skillet. No sticking, no burning!
CameraZOOM-20150302044544043.jpg

Super yummy with ice cream! Easy to make too.

Recipe:
Preheat oven to 350F.
Throw the skillet in the oven too, just to take the chill off. You only want it warm when you press the cookie dough in to save cooking time.

With an electric mixer (hand or stand mixer), cream:
115 g butter, softened (one stick)
80 g brown sugar
25 g white sugar

Then, blend in:
50 g instant vanilla pudding mix (half a box)
1 egg
3 cc vanilla extract (I keep a dropper in my vanilla bottle - drilled the cap and stuck it in)
140 g all-purpose flour
2 g baking soda
? g salt - I didn't add any salt, but the girlfriend and I think it needs some!

Pull your skillet out of the oven if it's getting hot.

Lastly, fold in:
170 g chocolate chips - I used a mix of bittersweet, semisweet, and milk chocolate.

Oil your skillet - I used Pam.

At this point, my skillet was warm, but still easy to hold with bare hands.

Press cookie dough into skillet. I made the center slightly thinner, as you can tell in the pics. Seemed to cook evenly this way.

Bake until golden brown. Recipe said 40 minutes, but it only took me 20, probably because of the warm skillet.

After removing the skillet from the oven, the cookie will be very soft. We couldn't get it out in one piece, so we cut it up inside the skillet and served directly. The stuff that stayed in the skillet didn't burn (or even crisp much).

Fills my #7 Griswold skillet nicely - probably could go up to #8, while a smaller skillet will be thicker and gooier. Can't wait to try this in my #15!

Recipe credits:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Award-...vt19=1&referringHubId=362&scale=18&ismetric=1
http://www.marthastewart.com/355774/skillet-baked-chocolate-chip-cookie

Thank you for posting this! Chocolate chip cookies are something we like, but only fresh, so this is perfect because it's the right amount, and just one more thing to experiment with in CI. :tasty:

Back