Skillet ID Please

Mike C

Can anyone possible tell me what the manufacturer is for this iron skillet. It is my favorite skillet and I've had it since 1972. It was left on the stove and overheated. Now it seems to have a bowed spot in the middle of the skillet. :frown:
I would like to find another one like it. I only use this to make cornbread now in the oven.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
IMG_3079.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3082.jpg
    IMG_3082.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3080.jpg
    IMG_3080.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 63
Thank you for your replies. I guess this (Wagner's ) brand is just possibly a general store brand. How would I go about finding another one like this?

Thank you for your replies. I guess this (Wagner's ) brand is just possibly a general store brand. How would I go about finding another one like this?

The best place to start is your local Peddlers mall, or Flea market.

The best place to start is your local Peddlers mall, or Flea market.

Also, Look here under Wagner for similar pans. The smooth bottomed ones will be essentially the same as what you're replacing, only with different trademarks and logos on the bottom.

I want to thank everyone for their assistance in finding a replacement skillet.

as others have said, the smooth bottom wagner #8 is one of the most common skillets out there... so it should be easy to find one... but, not unlike yours, it is common to find them warped... so make sure you sit it on a flat surface before you buy it... also, look for the marked ones with the 'stylized' Wagner Ware logo... (just in case you get hooked and decide to collect a matching set ; )

Back