My Wagner #8 Nickel 1068 B Lid

Catalogs showed lids sold as a separate item, although some deep skillets were sold in sets with covers as "skillet roasters".

I seen your lid with the "zig zag" basting rings in one of your earlier posts. If your skillet has a heat ring and the lid fits then both pieces would be from the same general time period.

Thanks Doug. The skillet I found is on eBay and looks a little worse for wear than my lid. I contacted the seller and ask for the measurements of the skillet and by his measurements I do believe that my lid will indeed fit the skillet. But his asking price is a little more than I'm willing to pay. But my addiction may get the better of me.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Jeff, the skillet does have an outside heat ring. I wanted to know if there was any way to tell by the numbers, if my lid would fit the 1058 skillet. I'm pretty sure that my lid will fit, but it's the price and condition that's keeping me from making these a pair.

The early catalog and both blue and red book say it'll fit properly.
Go for it, lids sell for more than the pans usually.

Yes, the lid was is a bit more than the Skillet. Thanks for the advise, the Skillet should be here in a few days. I'll post a few pictures after it's cleaned and ready to use.

Back