Flea Market Today

All in all I would say you did OK for your first time. Just got to watch that you don't fall into the trap of buying basically anything CI that you find ( I almost do ) . Oh, and welcome to the Forums!

Yes, it was hard to resist buying everything I saw (not that I could of). I did impulse buy this 6" skillet because my partner said it was cute and it was $1. She has an eye for a bargain but I later found Taiwan on bottom. Will use it to test cleaning methods.

https://i.imgur.com/XiKghz5.jpg

Oddly enough, I had a very similar experience today. I only had about an hour to shop and it was kind of late at 9 AM when I got there. At about the third or fourth table, I saw some good old user Lodge and BSRs, the best being a three notch #7 (pre SK) and a #9 Pre-USA BSR griddle that was painted on the front. He wanted $10 for the Lodge and $20 for the griddle but I didn't want the hassle of cleaning the paint or lugging around the Lodge so I passed. I saw a couple more single Lodges and BSRs but nothing that stirred me until I came upon a guy who was stocking his table. I saw several newish Lodges including a Wok but then saw some large spouts on a skillet and saw that it was a SBL #6. I also saw a #8 square Lodge. He wanted $20 apiece. I got the Gris and almost bought the Lodge. He said he had sold a Griswold "Bean Pot" earlier in the day and I could only imagine what kind of treasure I missed out on. Then I came upon a man who had a bunch of tools and a stack of four skillets but what immediately caught my eye was the pointed spout on the bottom. I checked it out and it was a gatemarked #8 size single spout with tons of crud all over. He said he wanted five bucks and as I was pulling out my wallet he said he'd take ten for the whole stack, so now I have another three notch pre Usa #3, another BSR #3 and a BSR marked 5X which I believe is their Red Mountain line. I have who friend who has a booth at an antique mall who I'm going to ask to let me put some CI for sale to start getting rid of the extra commons. Maybe I can make enough to keep me enjoying "the thrill of the hunt"

Back