A Quick Hello from Pearland, Texas

Al Ruscelli

Hello!

I signed up on the Cast Iron Collector site about 6 weeks or so back, but have not yet posted anything. I want to make my quick introduction here before posting anything else.

I've owned only a few cast iron pieces over the years and never did a lot of cooking with them. When the last of my grandparents passed away (my grandfather, age 94 in 2005), I inherited a handful of skillets that I can recall my grandmother and grandfather using for many years as I was growing up. I seemed to be the only family member interested in those pieces. However, even after I inherited them, they mostly sat unused for the next dozen years until I started feeling the urge to dust them off and start doing some cooking with them.

Since bringing my grandparents' few old skillets out of retirement, I seem to have been bitten by the bug to explore more about actual use and collecting some other pieces that interest me.

So, here I am, now in my early 60s, doing research, exploring, and collecting a few pieces of interest...along with learning a few things about restoration and such.

That's my "hello" for the moment. Thanks for allowing me on board. :)

Al

Back