Hello from Cali

Adrienne Low

Hi everyone. I kinda did things backwards and jumped onto the forum without introducing myself. I live in Northern California and discovered the joys of CI after my sister started using new Lodge pans. I immediately ruined my 1st new lodge by burning a few dishes to bits & using vinegar in the same pot and was about to throw in the towel in regards to CI cooking when I discovered an unmarked but extremely smooth little skillet at my local Salvation Army store. I found your site and believe it is a BSR from the 1930-40. Was too chicken to give it a thorough clean (chemicals worry me since I have little kids at home!) but it's in good shape aside from an interior chip & oh so wonderful to cook in! Plus help from another member Jeffrey B who has fantastic Youtube videos on how to cook in CI.

Am now obsessed with finding a good condition corn stick pan to make my little ones tiny cute bread. I passed over a 1920 wagnerware Krusty Korn stick pan since I thought the price was high for a dirty pan but now kicking myself for not buying it for $12. eBay listing are so much higher with shipping & all.

Thanks to all the experts & great members for educating on about CI maintenance, cooking and collecting. I feel like I'm gaining a piece of American history with each piece! Great site and friendly helpful folks :)

Back