Grapeseed Oil

MDFraley

For those of you that use Grapeseed Oil for seasoning I came across a spray version a few weeks back and it sure is handy. Zero Calories & Zero Fat, 100%non-stick cooking spray and no propellants. No CFC's, 0g Trans Fat, no cholesterol, no preservatives, naturally gluten free & non allergenic.
Not cheap but easy to store.

have you tried it for seasoning? Wondering if their are any additives that might hurt the process. I have never used grape seed to season but would consider it for convenience

have you tried it for seasoning? Wondering if their are any additives that might hurt the process. I have never used grape seed to season but would consider it for convenience

That's all I use starting about a year ago. Just never did get the finish I was trying to accomplish with Crisco and the Grape Seed Oil made all the difference. There are no additives....100% natural.

That's all I use starting about a year ago. Just never did get the finish I was trying to accomplish with Crisco and the Grape Seed Oil made all the difference. There are no additives....100% natural.

Thanks, looks like I have some shopping to do this weekend

Finally got around to buying this and used it last night on a piece. Seemed to darken fairly well after a second coat. Assuming I do not run into any issues with this I plan on making this my go to. The ease at which this is to use is awesome. I also have a lot less waste.

I've used coconut oil with good success in reseasoning my iron it gave my pan a very nonstick surface on the bottom an it's working up the sides well

Back