Hardwick

CPorter

Hello, first I want to say this is a great site, I am new to cast iron and I have found some great information here. I have a Hardwick pan that i can't find much information on, it is a large pan about 12 or so inches across. I found one blog that said it was made by Hardwick stove company which didnt really make CI pans but may have made it for promotional gifts when someone bought a stove. If anyone know more about this pan it would be a great help because there is very little info on it. Here is a picture http://www.flickr.com/photos/bday060419 ... hotostream

Thanks

Hardwick Stove Co. was a maker in Cleveland, TN. They made skillets, tea kettles, and bread stick pans. This particular skillet, with the inset, notched heat ring and the more modern looking inscription leads me to believe it is something Lodge was commissioned to make.

the notches looked like lodge to me too and just the way the pan feels leads me toward lodge. Any idea of year or rarity?

If it is indeed Lodge, the shallow notches and the style would suggest ~ 1970s or later.

We could also perhaps extrapolate from the markings on the skillet "since 1879", that it might be a commemorative piece, produced most likely in 1979.

Back