Electrolysis Tank Design Question

SteveL

I'm currently rebuilding my electrolysis tank and was thinking of a different design. Currently I have 4 pieces of 1/2" rebar attached in the corners and connected with copper wire. Switching to 4 pieces of flat steel (will be much easier to clean the rust off with wire wheel on my drill) BUT I was thinking of connecting two of them together for one 10 amp battery charger and the other two together and connecting to another 10 amp charger. Pans are suspended in tank by two wire hangers, one for handle and one around pan body.

Here's the question...does anyone think there will be any issues with running 2 chargers at the same time as long as polarity is the same? Has anyone tried this type of setup? Will I gain a benefit? It won't be costing me anything as I have the second charger already.

Thanks!! :icon_scratchchin:

With the results I get from a 10 amp charger when the metal-to-metal contact is good, I would think doubling up would not be worth the effort. I would probably not want to chance blowing out one if not two chargers accidentally. Moving to sheet or plate from rebar is probably going to give you a satisfactory improvement with a single charger.

Thanks Doug. I've just always had a problem getting a 10 amp reading even with a good connection. Usually about 1/2 that and lower after doing a couple pans. That's why I was thinking of doubling up.

Back