Griswold Dutch Ovens

Adam C

looking for some information on Griswold dutch ovens. I've found a good bit of info on the pans, but not much on the DOs. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Just do some searching on here and youll find a lot of info. Plus, just research on the web. I personally dont own one, but Im looking into a Drip Drop top one, Im hoping a #10.

Also I might add....be prepared for sticker shock somewhat. They are made very well in my book, but they cost more than any other brand, except maybe an odd size. All in all, A great purchase, and if you find one in the wild, you may get the deal of a lifetime.

Well I ended up buying an 833 #8 tite-top DO without a lid in auction recently and I also purchased a #8 1098 lid for the DO. Turns out that the 1098 lid was for the chicken fryers no the DOs.

I have a really nice daily user griswold #8, so I'm sure I could use the lid on that just fine. Any idea of it would work on the DO as well?

Also what lid should I keep an eye out for the 833 DO?

The lid for the 833 DO is the 837. There are others that will fit, however. #8 Griswold DOs remained virtually unchanged dimension-wise even as patterns and TMs were updated.

The 1098 lid ended up not fitting the ears to cover the spouts prevented it from sitting flat on the DO.

I did however locate an 834 slant logo #9 DO, any idea which lid goes with that one?

The #9 cover p/n 2552. The BB and RB are valuable resources for identifying what goes with what. Both have listings of Griswold pattern numbers and Wagner catalog numbers.

Back