Deep Skillets, What’s Your Opinion on Using Them

Steven C

Last weekend i went to look at a skillet and lid that wasn’t described well and just two photos of top of lid and bottom of skillet. When I got there I was surprised to see it was a chicken fryer / deep skillet. For those that have them and use them, I would like to hear some of your opinions of what you like to cook in them and how often you use them and your overall thoughts of them. It may grow on me, if anything I’m keeping the lid:)

Thanks all, it just went in the lye bath today and in time I will post a thread on it with a few questions. It’s a nice skillet with a fully marked lid ;)

One thing to cook is burgers. It helps keep the grease from spaying all over the place. I also use it to make sliced potato layered meal. You can use about any meat, depends on if you want breakfast or dinner. I like my deep pans.

Thanks so far guys,
I know the obvious of frying food. It being taller than I’m used to I looking for thoughts outside the box. The popcorn idea did cross my mind. It would be a heck of a popcorn popper, it’s a size #10

Thanks once again guys, I will have to play with this one to see how often I use it and what for.

Sneak peek of skillet, more later after bath and summer Texas seasoning:)
Ok Doug doing my best to edit size of picture, I think I’m near close.

9MRR5hC.jpg

Last edited:
Steven, if you use an android smartphone, Photo & Picture Resizer will quickly resize your photos for you. Very quick and easy. I use it when posting my photos.

I have a number 8 BSR. I use it mostly for sauteing green peppers and onions. It is easier to turn them over completely in it. they try to flop out the sides of standard skillets.

Back