New Oven

I'll send you all my stuff that needs done. I only have an apartment size stove, 1/2 size of normal. I don't think I could season a #12 in it. :D Well maybe on it's side . . . With the door cocked open a tad

I'll send you all my stuff that needs done. I only have an apartment size stove, 1/2 size of normal. I don't think I could season a #12 in it. :D Well maybe on it's side . . . With the door cocked open a tad

I'd love to ;)

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

May his stove exhaust fan exit the house.

Hilditch

Funny story about that. Tonight after I did my seasoning thing, I closed all the windows and skylights and set about preparing dinner. I put the rice on to boil and wander into the next room to browse some cast iron collecting website. Eventually an odor reaches me through the closed kitchen door...
Seasoned 12 pans no problem, but try to cook one little pot of rice and the whole kitchen is filled with smoke.

That's awesome! Our wall oven has three racks, and also a cook timer on it. So I can set it to bake for 2 hours loaded with CI, and go to bed...it'll turn off and cool down when it's done. It's so nice. You should see if yours has a timer on it like that.

I wish I could have that set up.

Stove in the condo is terrible, vent is at the back behind the burners. When I start seasoning cast, I have to wrap much of the stove to make sure the smoke goes up the vent hood and it still smells like a blast furnace in here.

That's awesome! Our wall oven has three racks, and also a cook timer on it. So I can set it to bake for 2 hours loaded with CI, and go to bed...it'll turn off and cool down when it's done. It's so nice. You should see if yours has a timer on it like that.

I do 25 to 30 minutes at 475 degrees with grape seed oil. Haven't found the need to go longer than that.

Back