John C. Johnson 2 Pc Set Questio and Value?

I inherited the pot/skillet lid combo set from my grandmother. Both pieces have the most amazing seasoning job of any iron I've ever seen-almost like a black mirror (Lard??!!!) and I wouldn't sell them for anything, but was wondering if anyone had any idea on when these were made and current value of the set? Thanks

John C Johnson is a 3 piece set. Deep pot, medium size pot and a handled skillet lid. Last 3 piece set I saw sell together went for around $80

Thanks, Shawn.

I don't know where the bottom piece went as I just have the top two. It really didn't matter if they were worth $700, I'd never sell them but was curious if they had any value. Are there any good CI pieces at the Jockey Lot? I remember when I was a kid, that place was awesome, but was disappointed when I went back several years ago as it was mostly all new stuff.

Last edited:
Never know what you might find at The Lot. Im about 5 miles down the road and go all the time. Never go inside, just the outside "junk". Some picking days are better than others but a couple of my big finds were a CHF hammered chicken fryer with lid for $10, Arc logo Lodge with raised #6 for $6 and a Sportsman grill with wildlife door for $10. Just have to keep looking.

Back