Cast Iron Christmas anyone?

Shawn R

So did anyone else get or give some cast iron for Christmas?

The #3's, tea size WW Korn Kob, Red Book, Crisbee and handmade skillet ornament are what I got.

The enameled Griswolds are my daughters first cast iron pieces. We bought them back in the beginning of summer and had to keep them hid all this time. The #8 looks brand new and unused. Our daughter is a culinary student and is very excited to have her own skillets.

The rest are what my wife got.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!
2015-12-25%20CI.jpg

I gave a guy at work an older skillet. He'd be talking to me about maybe getting one, so I gave him this one as a starter.

I watched my daughter take all of my BSRs. Does that count? She is very happy with them. I did throw in a Lodge two burner griddle, tiny skillet, and handle holders. Where she is going to put them in her small apartment is not my problem.

She officially has the bug.

I gave my youngest & his wife their first ci piece, a small skillet from Pity Pat's Porch. They loved it!

Christmas Eve the family was over and I had some iron out on the stove. One thing led to another and I handed a 6" skillet to my wife's nephew. It was a Chinese skillet that was a part of a set I bought 20 years ago that was my first iron. I gave it to him to start him on the road to ruin.

Christmas morning I received a #3 one notch Lodge from Mrs. Santa.

A true Christmas miracle!

Junior,
Is the 3 on the bottom of that pan backward? I have at lease two single notch #3s that have the number backward and I have seen others. I'm not sure I have seen a single notch 3 that was not backward.

Picture please?

Thanks
Jack

I am very envious of that Wapak waffle iron!

The Wapak Indian Head is a #3 skillet. Medallion is in perfect condition. WI would be cool though.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Nice Shawn! I spy that Monday Morning Skillet too.

Thanks. She did good on that one too.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

I gave my youngest & his wife their first ci piece, a small skillet from Pity Pat's Porch. They loved it!

T Lilly and J Davis, Im glad yall passed the CI bug on. Ive gotten a couple people addicted already.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Junior,
Is the 3 on the bottom of that pan backward? I have at lease two single notch #3s that have the number backward and I have seen others. I'm not sure I have seen a single notch 3 that was not backward.

Picture please?

Thanks
Jack

My single notch #3 is backwards too. I dont know if Ive see one that wasnt backwards either.

Junior,

Picture please?

Thanks
Jack

Not sure if you are referring to the size number or Molders mark.

The size number 3 is normal. There is a small Molders mark which is also a number 3 at the six o'clock position. That little 3 is, in fact, backwards. There is a single notch #3 in a local antique store right now that has a small 3 Mold mark, but it is normal.

I'll try to post a pic soon.

I gave my step son his first c.i. - a #6 Good Health Skillet. And I gave a good friend of ours her first as well, a LBL #8 and a single notch Lodge #6.

Back