Lodge Notch's

Here's part of the reason I am asking, these are either three notches or one. All #8, three have different letters, one has an odd spot just below the 8. (still cleaning)

Attachments

• PA300004.jpg
    PA300004.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 65
  • PA300003.jpg
    PA300003.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 65
Jimmy
The 3 pans that I can see clearly are all Lodge, one 3 notch and 2 single notch. That was a very good find. I do not run into very many single notch pans but when I do I buy them if the price is reasonable.

Happy hunting
Jack

Thank you for the assistance, I found that thread after I posted this one. If its ok I will carry my conversation to that thread after this. Here are two single notched, the "F" one has a seven on the handle.

Attachments

• PA300001.jpg
    PA300001.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 45
  • PA300007.jpg
    PA300007.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 30
Just picked up a #9 single notch yesterday, seems different from my other single notches. This one has a flat spot between the edge of the pan where the handle connects. can't remember
my others having a flat spot.

If you look at Lodge skillets in the red book, the handle shapes are all over the map. It's the other characteristics like notches, molder's marks which collectors go by.

An interesting aspect of these skillets' design is the variety of handles which show in Jimmy's first picture (the group of #8 pans). I'd say you have a nice collection of fairly old Lodge skillets. I am moved now to go back to a nice single notch skillet I saw last weekend--maybe it's time to add a Lodge to my collection.:grin:

Back