#3 Griswold Oval Roaster

MDFraley

Been quite a while since I last posted here on C.I.C. but came across a Griswold piece today that simply has me stumped. Attached are some pics with clear and precise P/N's that match up perfectly with P/N's found in the BB. Since the BB didn't have any pictures to compare my find to, I tried googling it and come up empty handed with an exception to one on WorthPoint which didn't have much info to share since I'm not a member. I tried our resources here begining with the "Griswold" slant logo which again didn't match up to the roaster I found. Was hoping to tie down a date of about when this treasure was manufactured by Griswold so if anyone has good data to back up the style of the logo and also the style of the numbering used I would much appreciate it. We are hoping it is somewhat of a rare example of an early Griswold Oval Roaster that just didn't make it to any of the books I have. It is for sure staying with me and will not make it to the selling list. I did see in the BB p.68 a picture of the lid and opposite page 69 of the trivets but neither had the 4 digit P/N of the piece I found.
Thanks in advance.
https://imgur.com/a/I1yexJy

That #3 would be perfect to cook for 1 or 2 people. Its a great piece, wish I had it, lol. Im assuming its pretty hard to find one......

Apparently harder than HARD to find. I've only found one place that made mention of the No. 3. Researched some old threads on WAGS site and found where 2 sold on eBay back in 2016. One for $1325 + $56 shipping and another one for $1525. I picked mine up for less than $100 at a local antique shop that has multiple vendors. I knew it wasn't an everyday piece but I think the seller couldn't find any references on-line thus didn't have any idea what to price it for. I did a first time clean-up on it today and found it to be free of any cracks and no pitting anywhere on it. Sure wish I had the trivet that goes with it....

Back