Wagner or Recast

WallyF

Cleaned this skillet. Has the Wagner "triangle" on the bottom of the handle where it meets the pan. No size number on the top of the handle. A rough circular area in the middle of the bottom of the pan. A poor "Z" on the bottom of the handle.

Anyone seen anything like this? Wagner, recast or something else?

https://imgur.com/a/ElTZ5W8

Absent a better answer, these are usually called unmarked Wagner. The lack of a size number makes that ID somewhat suspect, though. If not Wagner, a competent copy would be a better term for it than recast.

Really threw me. What's there seems to be pretty good. The quality of the "Z", although not perfect, is not so unusual, given other pieces.

The lack of a size number is a real surprise.

I cleaned it for a friend who will sell it and does not want to misrepresent. Guess we go with maybe a Wagner.

Thanks.

Really threw me. What's there seems to be pretty good. The quality of the "Z", although not perfect, is not so unusual, given other pieces.

The lack of a size number is a real surprise.

I cleaned it for a friend who will sell it and does not want to misrepresent. Guess we go with maybe a Wagner.

Thanks.
After enlarging your photo it appears to me that it could be a 7 with an underscore and not a Z. With that being said I would still not have a clue as to the maker. Might want to check the measurements of a known #7 skillet and compare it to the one you posted

Back