Hi from Seattle

DonnaM

I just discovered that 3 of my old cast iron skillets are collectibles, and I want to learn more, more! I would also like to know where on this site I can find items that members have for sale. (I'm having some trouble figuring out the website..no techie, me!):razz:

Hi Donna. Welcome. Go slow & click around; it will all come to you. There is no buying or selling on this site, but tons of information.

Hilditch

Welcome, Donna! One thing I like about this site is there is no "For Sale, For Trade, or What would Tony Buy (sorry, I don't know what WTB means. Ha!). Since nobody is buying or selling, you can be assured the advice you are getting is free of any ulterior motive and comes from the heart of a true cast iron enthusiast!

Make sure you look around and read the information sections about how to identify various cast iron pieces, cast iron restoration, etc. If you plan on searching for more cast iron, check out the buying tips section here: http://www.castironcollector.com/buying.php

We would love to see pictures of the pieces you already have!

Thanks for adding me to your group; I look forward to learning a lot here. I have, as long as I can remember, been a lover of old things. It was fun for me to discover that these skillets had a history I knew nothing about. I will try to post pictures when I figure out how to do it. (Should I post them on this thread or on another one?)

Donna

Always check the tops of forums for notices and sticky posts containing helpful information.

Sharon - I can guess what "betes noire" means, but I wish y'all would not use fancy terms or big words. Please keep in mind, some of us are the product of the Alabama public school system. The only folks who might know less would be the folks in Mississippi. Alabama consistently ranks 49th in education ... but thank God for Mississippi. Without them, we'd be 50. ;)

Donna - I think you should start a new thread in "show and tell" for pictures of your skillets.

Back