Fully Enameled Griswold Bread Stick Pan #22

I have also never seen an enameled bread stick pan, seems like such a complex process for little return. It could be your flash but the sheen looks off to me. On top of this the finish looks looks perfect which is another red flag.

If griswold didn't do it themselves... the only real options that leaves is that they sent it somewhere (third party) to do the enamel... or someone bought it and sent it off somewhere to be enameled... I don't see this as being a process that someone could do themselves at home... even with a pottery kiln or something...

it isn't paint or anything like that... as it has a few chips on the sides... and it really is that glossy...

Here's a link to a post I made on CIC a few years back regarding an enameled BSR "pie shaped" cornbread pan. Could be that a third party may have enameled the piece you have and not Griswold.
According to the YB Griswold pans the No. 22 was produced throughout the Griswold manufacturing history and has 15 variations. Find it strange that it's referred to as a Bread Stick Pan when it is clearly marked "Corn Bread Pan".
I still have the piece I found just because I haven't seen another one. Probably should hang on to yours just because it's not one you see that often.
http://www.castironcollector.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3671&highlight=enamel+cornbread

Back