Is this waffle iron salvageable?

SpurgeonH

Hey guys,
A couple of weeks ago, a guy on eBay was looking to get rid of a pile of junk. Now he has decided to sell me the cast iron out of that pile. The only things of real interest were the Dutch Oven and the waffle iron. He sent me a message today and said he has already sold the Dutch oven to a buddy. Here is a close up picture of the inside of the waffle iron and a picture of the whole batch.

It appears to me that the waffle iron is too far gone to even be usable. Zoom in on the picture ... it looks like some of the waffle teeth things are gone. Also, the rust looks extensive.

Let me know what you think. Any idea who made the waffle iron?

https://imgur.com/a/qmK6Q

I originally told him I would give him $50 for all of it. Now he still wants $50 even without the DO. Might be worth it if the waffle iron was in good shape.

The WI could be Griswold for Andresen. Hard to say until you can inspect in person to know if and how much the rust has done to it. Sometimes, it looks worse than it is, and sometimes it is worse than it looks.

I'd have to see it in person. In my limited experience waffle irons tend to be fairly resilient and I'd be worried about the base before the irons themselves. I find it hard to believe that some of the teeth would be missing; perhaps there may be some debris in the photo covering them up?

I was going to. He emailed me that he would be available all weekend. But when I emailed him asking for an address and time we could meet on Sunday, he backed out. He said he wouldn't be around Sunday after all. I'm sure the skillets and griddles are pretty worthless, probably warped, but I would have loved to have gotten a good look at the waffle maker.

i like to eat waffles made in the Anderson pan the best.you would think they would taste the same if you used the same batter but there must be something a bought the Anderson! :glutton:

Back