All my finds Cleaned and Seasoned

I found someone with an E-tank. I had some CI that would not come clean in lye. Now i want an e-tank. I will add to this post when i get another done

First up is Erie #10 3rd Series... e-tanked then the Crisco 500 method.

WagnerWare 17in Griddle. the cook surface was very rusty and it had other rusty items sitting on it. i can see circles in the rust pitting
Needs to be seasoned 1 more time.

Image Image

Gate marked griddle. Seems to be a #8. Very thin piece, the gatemark shows on the cooking surface[could not get a good pic] i could probably snap the handle by hand it's so thin. It has a few chips on the edge and a lot of pitting on the bottom
Image Image

Piqua Smiley #10 Griddle. has heat damage. very bowed in the middle. I got it for pizza.

BSR Century #5 Skillet

Attachments

• IMAG0792.jpg
    IMAG0792.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMAG0793.jpg
    IMAG0793.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMAG0794.jpg
    IMAG0794.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 32
You have some nice ones going there, and would be difficult for me to decide what my favorite one of the lot would be. Let us know how your griddle dose with the pizza. I just got a Skillet/griddle one about same size but much newer with made in USA. It will be a user till I find the one I wanting.

Steve,

You have some nice ones going there, and would be difficult for me to decide what my favorite one of the lot would be.

Thanks. I haven't made up my mind either

Let us know how your griddle does with the pizza.

I made a pizza already. the bottom did not crisp/brown the way i would have liked. I believe its because its thicker [did not get hot enough fast enough] than the skillet I used to use for pizza. I'm making another today. i will pre heat the griddle to 400 before i put the crust on it.

Can anyone explain how the sizes of pans, which were made to fit certain eyes in the stove, are so different? Were the measurements keyed to a certain brand of stove? This has puzzled me for years. My #3 Wagner 1950s vintage pan fits nicely in my "smiley logo" Piqua #3. I know, another dumb question--I must be getting known for them.:-D Excellent work, Scott! Thanks for sharing--although just looking at your recent cleaning accomplishments tires me out!

Thank you. I don't know the answer to your question BUT here is another piece to feast on

#6 Sidney Arc Logo.. This piece is perfect flat all the way around. No pitting. All lettering is very sharp. Cook surface is the same. Few tool marks that are normal for its age. Few very small casting flaws

Before

Before

Back