Griswold Questions

SRahimian

Hello!

I have a couple questions for everyone on the forum, before that however, I'm new here, my name is Stephen and I'm excited to be a member on the forum.

Generally speaking, how "rare" are the slanted griswold large block logo skillets without the heat ring? All I have seen is its thought that they were produced between 1939 and 1944 but not much else

Also, I have the opportunity to pick up a LBL size 14 skillet with the heat ring from a local dealer for about 300 bucks, generally speaking is that a good price on those pans?

Welcome to The Forums! In my opinion, the slant logos are kinda worth more than the small logo...im not real big into Griswold, so Im not sure.....and the 300 for a #14 LBL? I know id buy it if it had no cracks or what not.....I paid around that for a Wapak #14...........

If you can swing the price id snap it up...........Id love to have one also.....gotta keep looking!

First off, welcome to the site Stephen. In my opinion, Slant logo skillets without heat ring are MUCH harder to find that with heat ring. You hardly ever see any come up for sale compared to their heat ring counterparts.

Ran across one in central IL about 6 or 7 yrs ago. Was a spinner so I left it behind. Probably shouldn't have; haven't seen one since.

Not sure I have come across a slant logo without heat ring yet. Although I haven't been doing this that long.

They appear to be confined to sizes 2, 3, 5, 8, and 9.
Image Image
A #3 slant Erie smooth bottom also exists.

Back