Saw An Interesting Skillet Today

John M.

I saw a CI skillet today like I haven't seen before. No markings that I could see other than two (approx. 1/4" to 3/16") small circles on the underside of the handle where it joins the skillet side. The outer sides of the skillet had irregular shaped dimples or ball peen hammer type indentations covering bottom to top around the entire skillet. The bottom was a bit crusty & may have some markings hidden underneath. The interior of the skillet was very smooth. If I had to guess, I would say about the same size as a #10 or so.

Anyone have any idea what it might be?

Trying to decide if I should go back & try to buy it or not.

Thank you.

Probably an "ugly unknown". There are a lot around. Poor examples of hammering compared to others, but have actually developed a following. Maker unknown.

Hi Doug,

Do you know of any articles or pictures that I could review? Also saw a skillet labeled as a Wagner with the sizing specs in inches & centimeters. About the same size as the "hammer" skillet.

Thanks.

PS. Picked up a no name #3 at a yard sale on the way home. Has the flattened triangle underneath the handle. Triangle is wider than it is tall.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Here is the #3.

Image Image

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Probably an "ugly unknown". There are a lot around. Poor examples of hammering compared to others, but have actually developed a following. Maker unknown.

It looked very much like that one.

Back