Cast Iron Collector Forums  
Google

Go Back   Cast Iron Collector Forums > General Discussion > New Collector's Corner

Notices

New Collector's Corner A Friendly Forum for Those New to the Hobby. No Question Is Too Basic, So Ask Away.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Identification of some different items

Image Image

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------[/SIZE]

Hi, Doug, Computer got a virus and had to take care of that, At Geek Squad right now trying to get help on this first attempt. This item I just wondered if it is a Griswold. Does not say Made in USA. No lid. Would like an idea of value. Also if I did this right and what I need to do differently to send photos. Thanks, hope it goes well.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Site Admin

Unmarked Wagner, pre-1960s. Might have been sold with a glass cover. As-is, no lid, and if no cracks/warp/pitting, $15-20.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:50 PM

Thanks so much, Doug. Well at least I got it posted, hope I can do some on my own now. I was hoping it was a Gris, as there is/was one just like it on ebay, but had Made in USA on it. Mine also has the circular milling in the bottom of the bowl like I find in Gris skillets. Not a big loss and a good "test" item for posting for CI Forum help. I have scoured ebay and CI forum info and identified most of the items I have. Just will need some advice on value and if I should clean them, possibly best way given the ages, or just leave them. I'll be posting after I get it more clearly in my head how to do this. Thanks again for all your patience and help.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Site Admin

During the period after which "Made In USA" was added to this unmarked pan, it may have been also sold as a Wagner or Griswold using an adhesive paper label or marked carton.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:04 AM

Thanks, I did not know that! That is why CI forum and your advice and info is so important and needed by the rest of us. We will NEVER know all that you guys have learned throughout your years of experience. Thanks for being so willing to share your expertise!

I plan to clean it up and possibly keep it for when I want to deep fry. But if it cleans up really nicely, might put it on ebay just to learn how to function on ebay before I put on there the items I really do plan to restore and resell. Thanks again, and blessing to you!