Anyway to Identify or Age This Pot?

K_Leonard

This pot has been hanging under a porch in a South Texas hunting camp for a long time; since early 1990's when I first started going there and likely much longer than that. I decided to take this piece down along with a few others and clean them up. I think it's a bean pot. There was a lid hanging next to it but I'm not sure it goes with the pot. It has a gate mark and 8 on the bottom. I've got pictures pre-cleaning and post cleaning, along with a few showing measurements. Any help is appreciated.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

First time using imgur...hope this works

https://imgur.com/a/kQaVjnV

Clues on lids (or even clueless lids) help define the possibilities for identification. Can you post lid pics to help the clueless? (that'd be me). Thanks.

The lid is BSR, mid-1960s or after. The footed kettle is unknown and judging by the bottom gate perhaps up to 100 years older.

Great! Thanks. Can't wait to tell the family. My research said it might be really old. I've got another one to clean up and I'll post pics of it once it's done.

Back