Greetings to all

Rick M

I have been an avid cook for 49 years. Cooked my first meal in my mom's cast iron skillet when I was 8 years old. Mom recently gave me that skillet which I would estimate at being more than 100 years old as my grandmother gave it to her. When I found out Lodge has a factory outlet store about an hour from here I really stocked up on the cast iron and use multiple pieces every day.
After loosing some strength and mobility due to a stroke I thought my cast iron cooking days were over.
I went to a yard sale and found this very light weight cast iron skillet. I thought it was cheap junk but decided to try it as the cost was $3. After re-seasoning I could read Wagner on the bottom. It cooked better than any Lodge skillet I have. A search on the internet brought me up to date on the history of cast iron cookware. I don't truly consider myself to be a collector as I use the cookware daily as it is lighter in weight making it easier to handle. Possibly I would be a user who is very interested in history.
These days every time I bring in a piece of cast iron I get the "Stare of a Thousand Daggers" from my wife but she doesn't cook.
I have Griswold, Wagner, Martin, BSR and one piece of very early Lodge which weighs about the same as the others. Not really interested in selling any of it. This is my first forum. It will take a bit to learn how things work. Thanks.

Welcome Rick! :grin:

Like you, I am a user with an interest in cast iron history. I enjoy the process of hunting down good pieces at good prices, and then cleaning all the years of crud off of them to restore them to useable condition again. I do occasionally get the Thousand Dagger Stare from my husband, but that's OK. He has his collection of Star Wars stuff, I have my pots and pans.

Glad to have you here! I know you will find this site very informative and helpful, as I have.

Ash,

Thank you for the welcome. In just a few hours I have learned so much. The amount of knowledge on this website is unbelievable.

Rick M

Back