Curious About Stamps On Taiwan CI

DA_Scherer

I understand that most pans from Taiwan are generally ok users but not worth anything.

I've gotten into Cast Iron to use, not collect, but it is fun to see what's out there. (I've got my eyes on a few small dutch ovens on Amazon, should I not find anything local)

I'm curious though as this one pan has quite a few markings on it.

NdRks52Wn21DWMXz8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NdRks52Wn21DWMXz8

Below "TAIWAN" there is a "K" at a slight angle, the below that what looks to be a zero "0". Then on the handle, there is a "T" then what looks like another zero "0". I'm curious if folks know what these stood for.

The pan is a decent user, just made pizza in it tonight for my folks, came out wonderfully and after it's oven time, it seems the seasoning is better than ever. My mother looked at it in the oven and basically said have fun getting it out. Ye of little faith! ;-)

I have another pan I bought but sadly it must have been in a fire or something as I could only get it to season in patches, it has red markings all over that wont season properly. It's from Japan, Levcoware, import for the Canadian market in the 70's. Oh well. Only paid $6.

None of the markings would be stamped. Being incised rather than raised, they all would have had to have been in the pattern used to make the mold the pan was cast from. As such, they are likely just pattern identifiers for various internal quality control purposes.

Back