Question RE: Griswold Diamond Logo Griddle

MikeC

So I came across my first Erie/Griswold Diamond Logo. It is a griddle 8 and looks to be in great shape.

My question is this: did Griswold make an "Erie" griddle for the second series? I am starting to collect the Erie Second Series but also want to collect a couple of griddles. If not, is this the closest in age or did Griswold make other, older griddles? I know the second series runs 6-12, but I couldn't find anything griddles. Thanks, all.

Here are the pics of the griddle, pre-restoration. I hope to have it done by the end of Thanksgiving weekend.

https://imgur.com/gallery/SwXzGT6

There are handle griddles marked simply "ERIE", but I'm unaware of anyone trying to codify them into series as has been done with Erie skillets. Certainly there should be some with and without some of the same characteristics used to place the skillets, but my guess is that it would be mostly whether they have a p/n or not. Pieces marked "Griswold's Erie" should be later than the 6th series skillets.

Thanks, Doug. So the Diamond Logo is later than the handle griddles marked "Erie" or there was some overlap?

"Griswold's Erie" diamond logo pieces are seen with "ERIE" ghosts. Can't say as to overlap, but am sure they didn't halt production to change the TMs on all the patterns at once.

Back