Hello From a Beltway Insider

Stan D

But only if living inside the infamous Washington D.C. Beltway makes me one. Never have worked for the government, and have no desire to. But enough of that.

About 6 months ago, I pulled out a Griswold 9 that belonged to my wife's family. I didn't know we had it. But I belong to the Coleman(camping equipment) forum, and as you might imagine, CI is a hot topic there. I have stripped it 3 times, trying to get the seasoning just right, and have come to the conclusion that I may be putting on too much fat. So, as I give it another try, I thought I'd introduce my self as the oven preheats. I also have obtained a unmarked 6" skillet that is going in for it's first seasoning. What brings me to your door is an attempt to ID this one(thread for that later today). I'd seen this forum before, and I thought it was time to join up.

Welcome to the site. Be sure and use the instructions and tips on cleaning and restoring on the "Home Page." It'll save you a lot of grief. The way I used to clean took days and a lot of "elbow grease." Now it takes days, but very little effort.

Back