#4 Griswold Price Differences

SeanD

I was just wondering why the price range goes from like 50 bucks, up to 250. I know the heat ring ones cost a LOT, but what about #4 702A EPU. thanks.

Griswold didn't make a size 4 in every series... and some are 'less common' than others... these are roughly in order by value/rarity

block EPU with heat ring
wooden handle
slant erie with heat ring
slant EPU with heat ring
large block smooth
small logo
griswag/ med logo

I think the number of people who collect the enamel pieces is much smaller than people who collect plain iron... and enamel pieces have to have almost perfect enamel or the value drops off pretty sharply... but the small logo 4's are probably the most common... least rare.

D_Madden, thanks. The only one I found in my price range is the red enameled Griswold SBL. The enamel is in very good condition though. I didn't think it was a very valuable piece at the price and condition.

There is a #4 Griswold thats for sale for 999.99....It has a heat ring.....am I missing something? Why the HIGH price?

There is a #4 Griswold thats for sale for 999.99....It has a heat ring.....am I missing something? Why the HIGH price?

ebay sellers (and sellers in general) can 'ask' for any price they want... that doesn't mean it's 'worth' that much until someone buys it for that price.

Back