Question About "Unusual Items" on Info Page

DonnaM

Doug, I was looking at the Unusual Items page and saw the Wagner with inset heat ring, but size number instead of catalog number. Would that pan likely have been manufactured during the transition period between outside heat ring/size number and inside heat ring/catalog number? Or is it just a curiosity?

Perhaps it's not truly unusual, but since Wagner moved from outside heat rings directly to smooth bottoms, a Wagner with an inset heat ring is unusual in and of itself. In the case of that one, the expectation would be that it would have a c/n (and #14s with c/n 1064 do exist), although we have seen other makers whose larger, low volume pans' patterns were not necessarily updated to reflect the newer marking convention of the rest of their skillet sizes.

Ah, that makes sense about the larger sizes. And the fact that Wagner didn't really have an inset heat ring phase completely slipped by me. :shootself: I haven't seen very many different pans in my short time learning about CI. Thanks....

Back