Adapter Ring or what??

MDFraley

I am puzzled as to what this piece is. I have googled most everything and come up empty handed. My thought is that it was an accessory for a stove maker that only had 10" openings and the ring would adapt to a smaller size for more common cook pans. It has no I.D. marks or numbers...It was very rusty and pitted and I did an E-Tank cleaning and seasoned it best I could. As a bonus I made some corn bread in my Puritan corn wheat pan and had a bit left so I did a small pone in my Griswold size 0 just for grins.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0037.JPG

Last edited:
The handle indicates it was made to use the multi-level side up. I can think of no other purpose than to make multiple size pans better fit a single size stove eye. Probably would have been supplied with the stove as an accessory.

Doug hit it on the head. I have seen them on stoves and know where one is for sale.

Grins, are allowed. :icon_thumbsup:

Since we're all thinking along the same thing.....Would the mfg. of the stove made these or would they have been farmed out to a foundry separate from the stove maker? I won't ask anymore difficult questions....just trying to get an idea of the history behind such piece and possibly an era in which it was made.

Back