Tiny DO

Bonnie Scott

I found this little bail handle DO today. I am thinking it may be an unmarked Wagner but I am not sure? The inside surface is really nice. :icon_scratchchin:

Pretty cool, Bonnie! The raised edge around the tipping tab reminds me of Lodge. Did you get a lid with it?

No Charlie it didn't have a lid but I think I have a Pyrex lid that will work. I kind of prefer the glass lids so I can see what's happening in there. I see one of these on ebay and they say theirs is a Wagner but I don't know if that is true or not.

Great find Bonnie. Like you I sometimes prefer glass lids depending on what is cooking. But collect the lids in hope of fitting them with existing CI or future finds!!

It's an unmarked Wagner covered bean pot, which would have been supplied with a glass lid.

Glass lids are great, I've bough them for no more than $5 and as little as 50¢ and I've only been into ci for a few months. Wish ci lids weren't so difficult (and expen$ive) to locate :headpop:

There is a really nice old raised number 12 camp oven lid at my favorite antique shop that is married to a brand new lodge pot. I wanted the lid but didn't want the new Lodge that came with it.

Pretty cool, Bonnie! The raised edge around the tipping tab reminds me of Lodge. Did you get a lid with it?

Wagner used that same assist tab edge on their Dutch ovens, and their larger skillets. I've got a late dual marked Dutch oven Wagner/Griswold that has the ridge, and the underside of the tab is divided in two. I suppose for two fingers.

Back