Help! Can not identify this skillet.

Can anyone help me identify this small skillet?

It has a small O at 12 o'clock followed by a #3 under it. Then a C at 6 o'clock and a #3 at the base of the underside of the handle. Usually am pretty good at figuring the lettering out but this one has me stumped!!

Attachments

• IMG_1859.jpg
    IMG_1859.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 89
Thank you Doug. Your knowledge is impressive!! Now I feel the need to study the notches on pans. Have only really researched the lettering and handle styles so far. By the way. I was able to identify the year and series of this pan I picked up at an estate sale this weekend for 12 bucks. This section on "ERIE makers mark" was very useful!!

Attachments

• IMG_1861.jpg
    IMG_1861.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1856.jpg
    IMG_1856.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 49
I had my best pices cheaper than non collectable stuff Wagner ware Sidney o #3#6#8#10 for 2 dlls pice,Bsr chicken frier do#8 with lids 4dlls pice and some others lodge one notch 1 dlls

I had my best pices cheaper than non collectable stuff Wagner ware Sidney o #3#6#8#10 for 2 dlls pice,Bsr chicken frier do#8 with lids 4dlls pice and some others lodge one notch 1 dlls

Hmm... Out here on the West coast, Wagner/small logo Griswold at thrift stores & flea markets, $10-$20 for 6-10 sizes, cheaper for smaller, higher for larger. I do find the odd semi-rare piece for cheap, or someone who doesn't know/care that will sell for $5-10, but it's rare.

Yes you pay double,but think abouth this how much you make a day, it is simple double than me so you have to pay more for you stuff

Some of the best deals I have ever found on old Griswold/Wagner cast iron has been antique consignment shops. There in one in Prescott AZ that has tons of consignment rental spaces. And what I have gathered is that a lot of people who "yard sale" in the area pick up items and throw them in their "booth" at the consignment store to make a quick buck. Most of the time not realizing what the item is worth.

So That explains a lot, RickC may I borrow some $$:eek:

Uhhh.... If I were to loan you money, I'd have to fire my gardener, man servant, and my driver. Oh, and my personal chef. Sorry, no can do.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Yes you pay double,but think abouth this how much you make a day, it is simple double than me so you have to pay more for you stuff

Not everyone in CA is making a fortune.. I live a pretty modest lifestyle so I can afford the things I like.

So if you have a chef what's the point to buy cast iron,you're not going to cook.so how you use your skillets,door stops?book ends?to feed your dog,or the gardener use the skillets to dig and plant flowers?

RickC I could see after watching your famous ugly skillet youtube video that you lived in a palatial mansion. The Coronita salt and pepper shakers sitting on your 1970's stove were my first clue. :icon_rofl: Modest is good. My house is a whopping 750 square feet.

RickC I could see after watching your famous ugly skillet youtube video that you lived in a palatial mansion. The Coronita salt and pepper shakers sitting on your 1970's stove were my first clue. :icon_rofl: Modest is good. My house is a whopping 750 square feet.

Haha, I think my apartment is 950 sq. feet. I can touch both walls in the kitchen if I put my arms straight out. When I retire I'm going to move to Vermont, and build a small log cabin out in Jeffrey R.'s South 40. He'll never even know I'm there. (Until he finds strange pans in his electrolysis tank) :tongue:

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

So if you have a chef what's the point to buy cast iron,you're not going to cook.so how you use your skillets,door stops?book ends?to feed your dog,or the gardener use the skillets to dig and plant flowers?

I use them to test new magnets... I'm actually a magnet collector. I ran out of room to test on the refrigerator, so I moved on to skillets.

I just had an idea how to name those aluminum skillets the magnet doesn't stick on "MAGNALITE":icon_rofl::lol::lol::chuckle:

Haha, I think my apartment is 950 sq. feet. I can touch both walls in the kitchen if I put my arms straight out. When I retire I'm going to move to Vermont, and build a small log cabin out in Jeffrey R.'s South 40. He'll never even know I'm there. (Until he finds strange pans in his electrolysis tank) :tongue:

We out East we call it the Back 40. That would put you in my Sugar Bush. No Tree Cutting will be done there. You can do a little fishing, but you will have to watch for the Black Bears.
The only strange pans in my electrolysis tank would be those rusty pitted ones that you are known for in your exciting videos, your strange pans?

I did not see your chef in your videos? His day off!:icon_rofl:

Hope you like 4' -5' of snow in my back 40!
But you do get views of NH Mountains.:icon_scratchchin:

Back