Iron Mountain? Loth Lid?

BJ_Stuk

Have had just about every opinion about this one. Can anyone shed any light on who made this?

Attachments

• imcopy.jpg
    imcopy.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 36
  • imcopy2.jpg
    imcopy2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 28
Both appear to be rough copies made from an Iron Mountain chicken fryer. Not sure by whom, could be anyone with the resources and skill set. No pattern numbers (buttered over in this case) equals not Griswold.

Foster from Ironton, Oh.
they also made pieces marked 'Ironage'... I've seen other pieces that appear to be their own design, but more often I see these that appear to be direct copies of iron mountain.

Foster from Ironton, Oh.

they also made pieces marked 'Ironage'... I've seen other pieces that appear to be their own design, but more often I see these that appear to be direct copies of iron mountain.
Did they also make copies in aluminum? I have a aluminium version of the chicken fryer without any text. The lids from the aluminum and cast iron fryers are interchangeable. They both fit perfectly on each other.

I have no idea about that one... I've never seen an aluminum one and I don't know enough about the company in ohio to know whether or not they did aluminum casting at some point in addition to the iron.

Back