Doug D.

Administrator
Staff member
For those who might not have noticed, this month's feature on the main website is a re-mastering of all of the old Cast Iron Cookware News issues, originally published between 1988 and 1994. The editor, whose name you might recognize, was about as immersed in the cast iron collecting hobby as anyone could possibly be. This year marks the 25th anniversary of the first volume. Scans of the manually typewritten newsletters have circulated on the web for years, but have now been converted, for the first time that I am aware of, into navigable and searchable web documents. Anyone interested in the history of cast iron collecting itself will want to check them out:

https://www.castironcollector.com/cicn.php

Thanks Doug for doing this. I know the author would want to share his newsletters. I enjoyed reading the information contained within CICN.

Steve

Thank You To Steve Stephens and Doug D for keeping the history alive. The pans will be around, but it's the history that is always lost. But with the likes of these two it will live on. Thank You for sharing.:icon_thumbsup:

Back